To celebrate the twentieth anniversary of Blessed William Joseph Chaminade's beatification, NACMS has unearthed a virtual time capsule containing treasures related to this glorious event, which occurred at St. Peter's Square on September 3, 2000. Explore the time capsule's contents below. May its treasures (homilies, reflections, and retrospectives) foster your missionary zeal and your love for the Founder of the Marianist Family.
The items contained in the virtual time capsule are the following:
- A reflection by Brother Tom Redmond, SM, on the 91-year journey from the introduction of the cause for Father Chaminade (1909) to his beatification (2000). (Click here to read.)
- Two articles from Marianist Family Album 2000, one on the miraculous healing of Elena Graciela Otero through the intercession of Father Chaminade (click here to read), and the other on the beatification ceremony itself (click here to read).
- The homilies given in Rome at the beatification by Pope John Paull II and Father David Fleming, SM, Superior General. (Click here to read.)
- A reflection by Brother Stephen Glodek, SM, delivered during a beatification celebration of the Society of Mary’s former New York Province, (Click here to read.)
- A homily by Father Stephen Tutas, SM, delivered after word was received that the healing of Rachel Lozano, the prayed-for miracle needed to elevate Blessed Chaminade to sainthood, was not accepted in Rome. (Click here to read.)